Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 12 – Lordsburg, NM to Deming, NM (63 miles)

Monday, April 12, 2010

In the first 10 days of riding, I did not have a single flat tire. Yesterday I had my first, and it was sad, but understandable. Most people have had at least a couple of flats by this point in the trip. I guess I had been lucky. My luck changed today; it changed dramatically. I had not one, not two, not three, but FOUR flat tires today. Yes, four. It was a very discouraging day. Although the ride was pretty short (only a little over 60 miles), it seemed to take forever. I literally had a flat every 10 miles or so. Needless to say, I replaced my tire when I got done with the day. Although the tires are brand new, they are just not equipped for the kind of roads on which we are riding – AKA, they are not made for shitty, highway shoulders or Primitive Roads (or Frontage Roads, for that matter…). I hope my new tires bring me better luck than I had today.
Other than the four flat tires, the day was pretty uneventful. We stopped at the Continental Divide on the way. Now all of our water (and waste) will head towards the Atlantic Ocean. I already feel closer to home…

The discouraging, flat ride ended with a trip to Sonic. Sonic always makes everything better. Actually, any type of food makes everything better. I seem to constantly be hungry. All the time. Team Tango cooked us a delicious stir-fry dinner.

End of the twelfth day. And it was flat (x4).

No comments:

Post a Comment