Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 27 – Paris, TX to Texarkana, TX (94 miles)

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I feel as though I have run out of witty things to say in my blog. At the beginning of the trip, the jokes seemed to be rolling off my fingers on to the page. Now that we are almost half way through, my fingers are tired. I guess they have passed over too many Frontage Roads, Primitives Roads, and just plain terrible back country roads. They are starting to lose sensation. I guess this is a common injury in cycling known as “handlebar palsy.” Too much time spent on those handlebars.

We definitely spent a significant amount of time on our handlebars today. 94 miles, to be exact. It was a great ride, complete with more gorgeous Texas scenery.
We had an awesome tail wind for the entire day. We were easily going over 20mph without much effort whatsoever. And, to top it all off, I had great company for the day. I rode the first part with Roshan and Jody. We picked up Justin after lunch. And we picked up Bryce after our last water stop. So we ended up with an awesome group to finish strong in to Texarkana.

We are staying at another Methodist Church in Texarkana. They treat us very well here. Their youth centers are absolutely amazing. Makes me realize what I was missing gong to youth group in the MidWest. The youth center is complete with an “internet café” (created by ourselves, but there is free wireless as well as an awesome little café area), basketball, Wi, cable television, a huge projector screen that will turn in to our own personal movie theatre tonight (I hear rumors of watching the Sandlot – awesome movie!), and a stage, just to mention a few of the amenities. The connecting church also has a book store where we got free popcorn (I was in Heaven – I absolutely LOVE popcorn, and free popcorn is even better!) and delicious peach smoothies. Yum. Food makes me so happy. It makes me chuckle thinking about the small, simple things that really make my day.

Speaking of food, Team Strawberry is currently in the kitchen whipping us up a delicious dinner. My stomach is already rumbling. We were moving pretty quickly this morning, so we had “lunch” a little after 10:00am. I’m ready for some tasty food. Yum.

End of the twenty-seventh day. And it was blissful. (I would like to point out that this was Maggie’s suggestion. I am feeling so incredibly un-witty today that I couldn’t even come up with a word to describe the day. Hopefully I’ll get my spark back tomorrow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment